The Australasian Doctors’ Health Conference 2017 would like to invite you to submit an abstract for consideration in the ADHC 2017 Program ‘Our Health Matters: Caring for Health Carers’.
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee and assigned to the appropriate session for oral presentation, workshop or short film.
Abstract Themes include
- The health and wellbeing of:
* medical students
* doctors-in-training/junior doctors
* mid-career doctors
* older doctors
* international graduates
- Systems’ approaches to doctors’ health:
* creating healthy workplaces
* promoting a supportive/no blame culture
* improving inter-professional communication
- Promoting doctors’ health:
* psychological well-being
* physical well-being
- Medical careers and the humanities
- Other: _____________________________________
Abstract Submission Instructions:
Please read through the submission instructions listed below before preparing your abstract:
Step 1: Write your abstract following the Abstract Format & Layout Guidelines (below).
Step 2: Read the General Policies and Requirements (below) for the submission of abstracts.
Step 3: Download the Abstract Template and insert/add your abstract text. Save to your computer as a .doc or .docx document. Please note: Abstracts must not exceed 300 words.
Step 4: Using the online abstract submission portal, create your author account and submit your abstract. It will be necessary to attach/upload the .doc or .docx copy of your abstract. You can access the online abstract submission portal by clicking the “submit now” button on the right hand side of this page.
Abstract Format and Layout Guidelines
- Abstract body must not exceed 300 words.
- Abstract should include only the abstract body – not the title, authors or affiliations. Titles, authors and affiliations will automatically appear on the final abstract document based on the details entered into the relevant sections in the abstract submission. Click here for abstract template.
- Font type must be Arial Font 11pt.
- Use single line spacing.
- Tables or graphics may be included in the abstract body. Arial font must be used. All formatting is preserved (italics, bold, superscripting, subscripting, underlining) and symbol characters (i.e. ± , µ, ß) may be used.
- Abstracts must be free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- Standard abbreviations may be used for common terms only. Otherwise, any abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- You will be asked to provide a short biography (up to 150 words) with your submission.
- You will be asked to nominate your preferred presentation format; oral presentation, workshop or short film.
- Do not include degrees or professional titles (e.g. Dr, Prof., etc).
General Policies and Requirements
- All abstracts must be original work.
- An abstract must contain sufficient information so that, if published, it will be a complete report independent of presentation. The text should not contain statements alluding to results or conclusions not presented within the text.
- Submission confers consent to publication of the abstract should there be a Conference Proceedings publication.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the Conference in order to ensure his/her abstract(s) is included in the final Program. Deadline for presenting author registration is 31 May 2017.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via the online abstract submission portal. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the Conference Managers via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 9265 0700 for further information.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines above. Abstracts will only be accepted and published if submitted using the supplied template.
- An individual may not submit more than 10 abstracts. Splitting of a body of work into multiple abstracts is discouraged and consolidation into one abstract is preferred.
Notifications of Acceptances
Notifications of acceptances will be sent via email to the submitting authors by 10 April 2017.
Conference launching in